Mobile Kids Camp
Each day we will pile into our 15-passenger van* and, depending on the weather, head north to the Marin Headlands, east to the Berkeley Hills or south to the beach, the woods, a park, a playground...or when the weather doesn't permit, we'll head indoors. Fridays we stay local, enjoying S.F.'s parks and playgrounds. Our van will be equipped with binoculars, stomp rockets, balls, frisbees, buckets, shovels, a parachute, art supplies, books for the ride and much, much more!
Some of our favorite places:
Coyote Point, Redwoods Regional Park, Tilden Park- Little Farm, Lake Anza, Ryder Park, Old Mill Creek, Schoonmaker Bay, Wildcat Canyon, Junipero Serra County Park, Orange Memorial Playgound, Point Bonita Lighthouse, Crab Cove, Albany Beach, Lands End, Stern Grove and Julius Kahn Park!!
What to bring to camp:
• Each child should have a backpack that they can carry on their own. Inside the backpack, please include a hat, water bottle, lunch, sunscreen, jacket, and extra clothes. (Please apply sunscreen to your child each morning before camp.)
• Suggested Ages 5-10 y.o. Children need to be self sufficient in toileting, changingof clothes, carrying of backpack/lunch, respond when called, and able to follow verbally given boundaries in nature. Children unable may be asked to wait another year to return.
Camp Hours: Regular Camp Hours: 9 am- 4 pm
• Drop off 9am - 9:10am Meet the Van @ 351 5th Avenue
• Pick-up 3-50-4pm Van will return to 351 5th Ave
• $490/week (3 week Session= $1470) M-F 9am-4pm (Cancellation Policy- NONREFUNDABLE 10% of Full Camp FEE kept until 30 days prior to camp start date. NO Refunds or Credit given less than 30 days prior to camp start date.)
Book your dates via Button Below, AM & PM care can be added (No extra booking fee applies!!)
Daily Rate - $110/day 9am - 4pm (Daily sign-ups open IF Full week spaces are not full 2 weeks prior to camp start date OR as designated prior.)
EIN # for your tax purposes- 83-3013865
Late pickups will be charged $5 for every 10 min. and may have to meet us where aftercare is playing. All dues must be paid before a child resumes camp.
*A 15-passenger van is considered a "Bus." Children will be wearing seatbelts.
"Camp [with] Susanne is not just about fun. I send my daughter with confidence knowing she will play, be safe, exercise her mind and body, and have a great time. She came home dirty! My daughter never gets dirty. I took it as a sign of a really great day. Susanne is a wonderful teacher, nurturer and is adventurous!"
"It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to...The feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feelings for pictures." - Vincent van Gogh
Example of what a week could look like:
Monday- Visit Dreamland Playground & Explore Wildcat Canyon Creek and Nature Area
Tuesday- Play at Magic Mtn. Playground and a Beach on the Bay at Coyote Point
Wednesday- Hike and Explore Redwood Regional Park
Thursday- Schoonmaker Bay Beach til noon, then expore
the park and creek at Old Mill Creek
Friday- Hike Strawberry Hill with binoculars, play at Julius Kahn Playground & explore Presido Nature Areas, building stick forts!
Cancellation Policy- Full Credit OR 90% Refund of FULL camp Fee given up until 30 days prior to camp start date. No Refunds or Credit given less than 30 days prior to camp start date.) (If you have only paid a deposit and you cancel, the refund will reflect 10% of a fully paid camp fee being kept.)
Copyright 2019 SF Quest Kids LLC. All Rights Reserved.
"When children play in natural environments, their play is more diverse with imaginative and creative play that fosters language and collaborative skills." (Moore & Wong 1997, Taylor, et al. 1998, Fjortoft 2000)
"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Where to meet the van: 351 5th Avenue in Driveway
Van Pulls out just before 9am, returns 3:50-4pm
Registration Available January 1st, 8 am!!
Summer Camp 2021
June 7- Aug 20.